I'll be taking a photo for each day of the year and posting it here. I'll be looking to shoot daily life, big events, little events, odds and ends, ones I love, favorite things, and beauty in the ordinary. So if you see me pointing my camera at you, smile! :)


Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 316


I learned a lot from this little guy today.
First as we were filling out our "What are you thankful for?" slips for the day- M said he was thankful for play doh. (He was playing with play doh at the time.) We all thought that was a pretty silly thing to be thankful for considering everything else he's blessed with. Aren't you thankful for mommy? for Morgan? for friends? for aunt H? a place to live?
"I'm thankful for play doh."
I'm sure he is thankful for all of those other people/things we mentioned but he's also thankful for the simple things in the here and now.
Lord- give me the heart to take a look around and be thankful for the little things that are a blessing. Help me to see the good in this very second. The right here, right nows of life. Amen!

Oh- and the photo. Maddox picked out the items for "his new friend" (our shoebox gift). I'm sure we made the perfect box for a 4 year old boy! The only thing Maddox wanted in there that we couldn't fit was a basketball. I think he chose some really great things! I'm so thankful for this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment