I'll be taking a photo for each day of the year and posting it here. I'll be looking to shoot daily life, big events, little events, odds and ends, ones I love, favorite things, and beauty in the ordinary. So if you see me pointing my camera at you, smile! :)


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 223


The crazy storms + no electricity = no sump pump.
Normally that wouldn't be an issue. Our sump pump had never even had water in it before this day. I guess 9+ inches of rain in a short amount of time will do that....
We spent most of the night dumping bucket after bucket of water out of our basement. Thankfully, we did not have the 10 foot of water that Hilton got. Sad day for the people in Cyclone country.
(This photo taken by my cell phone with no electricity for lighting some time in the middle of the night/early morning.)
Maddox was here this day and I didn't even think to take his picture after being up all night with no sleep and working all day! (I'm sure he was missing the camera in his face!)

Little did I know... Day 221 was some awful foreshadowing....

No comments:

Post a Comment